- three-quarters pint of skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- one and a half ounces soft white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, size 3, separated
- half-ounce low-fat spread
- quarter teaspoon vanilla essence
- liquid sweetener to taste
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- Warm the milk in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs, low-fat spread and the liquid sweetener.
- Stir in the lemon rind, egg yolks and the vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture into a one and a half pint ovenproof dish, cover with sliced banana and bake in a pre-heated oven, Gas 4, 180 degrees C, 350 degrees F, for twenty minutes until set.
- Whisk the egg whites until very stiff, pile or pipe on top of the pudding and grill for a few minutes until golden.